Friends of Frank Wise School
The Friends of Frank Wise School is a charitable group with the aim of increasing the provision of specialised resources, facilities and equipment in order to support the work of Frank Wise School. We also raise awareness of the work of the school within the wider community.
Registered charity number 800362.
The aims of the Friends are:
- To raise funds to provide additional equipment, facilities and amenities for the benefit of the pupils at the school.
- To promote awareness in the local community of the problems and needs of the pupils at the Frank Wise School.
What we do:
Membership of the Friends is open to all parents of pupils at the school, school staff and any member of the community who wishes to encourage the aims of the Friends of Frank Wise School.
The current fundraising focus has been a tremendous success and we have been able now to equip the new Post-16 building with the very best resources and the students have now moved in and are already benefitting from the wonderful space and quality of the equipment.
We are still aiming to provide an external decking area so that the students can have direct access to outdoor space from the building. If you wish to help with our ongoing fund-raising you can do so via our Just Giving page.
In recent years we have been responsible for the purchase of many items of equipment, as well as opportunities for our young people:
- We provide the school with two minibuses which are used daily.
- We support with the costs of residential trips for the staff accompanying children, including a foreign trip for our 15 and 16 year olds regardless of their ability. For some children this is their first flight!
- We fully equipped the school’s Post-16 building with the best possible resources.
- We have raised funds for the school’s artificial grass surface on the senior field to enable year round play and sport for the children.
All this has only been possible because of our dedicated committee members and huge support from both business and the local community.
How you can help:
THANK YOU to all supporters of our multi use artificial grass surface!
St James Place, Tesco Bags of Help, Banbury Charities, Banbury Water Polo Club, The Robert and Margaret Moss Charitable Trust, Melissa Sheard and all those individuals who have generously donated.
We rely on your generosity to continue our work. Please,
- Make a donation
- Support us via the Just Giving website
- Become a Friend
- Become a Volunteer
- Provide a Raffle Prize
- Offer us free use of your Venue
- Become a Corporate Sponsor
- Leave a Legacy
- Come to our next event – follow us on Facebook – The Friends of Frank Wise
We are currently actively seeking new members. Call 01295 263520, email email@example.com or contact us on Facebook to join us and for more information on the options above.
- Provision of a pathway to ensure our senior field and wooded outdoor learning areas are fully accessible to all.
- Provision of fitness equipment for the senior children’s field to encourage healthy living and promote play.
- Ongoing accrual for replacement of the school minibuses.
Explore Photo & Video Galleries
FIND OUT ABOUT SCHOOL EVENTS